RED BANK, NJ: June is finally here, and although it is not the June we anticipated, we do expect to wrap up another successful school year for the Red Bank Borough Public Schools with the appropriate attention given to achievements and milestones.
These include a virtual AVID Celebration, recognition of our Grade 8 Student-Athletes, identification of our 2020 National Junior Honor Society inductees, and a virtual celebration of Red Bank Middle School’s Class of 2020.
Additionally, our educators will also independently honor in a variety of ways the Moving Up and Moving On of our Preschool, Kindergarten and Grade 3 students.
Through a shared Project Based Learning experience, we have already initiated the transition process as our current third-graders prepare for the excitement and opportunities they will enjoy at Red Bank Middle School in the fall.
Through the use of Flipgrid, we anticipate sharing a fun introduction to the new faces our 4-year olds will meet at Red Bank Primary School come September.
And finally, as previously noted, we are excited to share with our school community and the world, our Class of 2020 Graduation Ceremony at 6:00 PM on Wednesday, June 17, 2020.
Looking ahead, we do not know what September will bring. We are in constant discussions with County and State representatives to assess potential options for 2020 and we are anxiously awaiting specific guidelines from the State regarding the reopening of schools. While I am hopeful our students will be back in school enjoying the high-quality instructional environment we have carefully cultivated here in Red Bank, at this time, we still have more questions than answers. In the meantime, we will continue to work diligently to best prepare for the fall and we will provide frequent communications throughout the summer regarding important updates.
As a reminder, Wednesday, June 17 will be our 180th and final day of school. Please be sure to review the important information below regarding Meal Distribution and Student Materials Pickup.
As noted below, beginning Monday, June 8 our meal distribution hours are extended to 8:30 to 11:00 AM at Red Bank Middle School every Monday and Thursday. Meals will be distributed throughout the summer months.
On behalf of our teachers and support staff, I thank you again for your continued support and your ongoing communication to help us best serve our children. Let’s continue to inspire BIG Dreams, be our #BestSelf and keep our children smiling as this school year comes to a close. Our next update will be on Wednesday, June 17. Until then, we will maintain our #RBBisBIA mindset so we can rest assured, we are the Best for Red Bank!
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT UPDATES BELOW.
- “Grab and Go” Breakfast and Lunch - All Children 18 or Younger
- Preschool & Grades 4-8 Unclaimed Student Materials Pickup
- Extended School Year (ESY)
- Our ESY program will be held virtually for all eligible Special Education students. Additional information will be communicated directly to any family involved.
- Preschool and Grades K-8 Registration
- Click HERE for registration information for NEW Preschool - Grade 8. Please share with neighbors and other prospective families!
- Any student currently in the Red Bank Borough Public Schools does not need to register.
- If you are relocating within Red Bank or have moved out of Red Bank, call 732-758-1510.
- Grading - Trimester 3
- Report Cards will be mailed the week of June 29, 2020. Assignments provided virtually or via home learning packets should be completed to the best of your child’s ability.
- Paper packets may be returned to Red Bank Middle School during meal services on Mondays and Thursdays from 8:30-11:00 AM.
- See our May 20, 2020 Community Update for specific grading info.
- Home Learning Information
- See our May 20, 2020 Community Update for specific info.
- Staff are available Monday through Friday from 9:00-12:00 PM at a minimum. You may reach out to them via email, ClassDojo, Remind and/or Google Meet/Classroom should you have any questions.
- Visit our Virtual Learning Website for additional educational experiences for ALL students.
- Counseling, Health and Educational Services
- In the event your child needs support in the area of counseling, mental health or health during this time, contact Mrs. Hurd at 732-758-1520 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parents of Special Education students with questions or needs are encouraged to reach out to their case managers, related service providers or Mrs. Hurd at 732-758-1520 or email@example.com.
- Review our Notice Regarding Special Education Services (English or Spanish).
- Visit our State & Federal Resources section for important information.
- General Information
- Questions? Call 732-758-1500 and leave a message. Here is other important Contact Information.
- Our District has a Forced Closure Plan as required by the NJ Department of Education. This plan is fluid and changes weekly as new guidance is provided. It addresses feeding, instruction, student services and more.
- The New Jersey Department of Education continues preparations for the next stages of school opening, and hearing from parents is a priority. Take a few minutes to complete a NJDOE Parent Survey - English or Spanish.
If you enjoyed this article please “Like” and “Follow” us on the TAPinto Red Bank Facebook page, and sign up for our daily e-news so you’ll never miss what’s happening in Red Bank!
And please share this article with your friends and family!