RED BANK, NJ: I hope this letter finds you and your families safe, healthy, and enjoying the beginning of summer break. While it should be our priority to enjoy the summer and our families to the maximum, inevitably, questions about September 2020 will arise. Along with these questions will come speculation.
Please know we will share updates every two weeks throughout the summer and more often if needed. We recommend you use these updates as your primary source of information.
Today, we are sharing our first summer update on the heels of the release of The Road Back: Restart and Recovery Plan for Education by the New Jersey Department of Education on Friday, June 26.
The Road Back is a 104-page document that delineates the anticipated minimum standards for creating a safe and healthy environment while providing school districts the autonomy to best meet the needs of their communities.
The plan is designed in four categories: Conditions for Learning, Leadership and Planning, Policy and Funding and Continuity of Learning. Within each of these segments, the NJDOE covers topics such as face coverings, transportation, social distancing, scheduling and more.
Additionally, the plan calls for the establishment of a District Restart Committee which we have already enlisted, as well as school-based Pandemic Response Teams which we are currently organizing. These teams will meet in July, in person and virtually, to assist with our reopening plan. The plan must be submitted to the NJDOE for approval by August 1, 2020.
At this time, as I am sure you realize, we still have very few answers. Our Leadership Team is working diligently to design a comprehensive reopening plan that covers multiple scenarios and offers the flexibility needed to navigate the dynamics of this situation. As we work in concert with our committees, feedback from our staff and community will play a critical role. We have already surveyed staff and expect to disseminate more staff surveys over the next few weeks. Additionally, we need feedback from our families and community. Please complete this brief survey (English | Spanish) by Monday, July 6. The information collected will provide the extra insight needed to create our plan.
No public school will create a perfect plan; however, the Red Bank Borough Public Schools will create a plan focused on safety and health while providing as much in-person instructional time as possible within those parameters. I am certain this will be a challenging process and ask for your continued support, patience, and flexibility.
Please continue to practice social distancing and make good choices. You can expect our next Community Update on or about July 15 and we are hopeful this update will include at least a skeleton reopening plan for your review. Stay safe and be well.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT UPDATES BELOW.
- “Grab and Go” Breakfast and Lunch - All Children 18 or Younger
- Food Services are open Mondays and Thursday from 8:30-11:00 AM throughout the summer at RB Middle School - English/Spanish.
- Voter Registration & Eligibility
- Summer Learning Opportunities
- District Communication System Change
- We are implementing a new communication system for all families called Remind. Many families are already familiar with this system. Moving forward, Remind will be utilized by all teachers as well as for all district-wide communication. Our reliance on phone blasts will be reduced and the focus will be on text messages.
- Preschool and Grades K-8 Registration
- Click HERE for registration information for NEW Preschool - Grade 8. Please share with prospective families.
- Any student currently in the Red Bank Borough Public Schools does not need to register.
- If you are relocating within Red Bank or have moved out of Red Bank, call 732-758-1510.
- Counseling, Health and Educational Services
- In the event your child needs support in the area of counseling, mental health or health during this time, contact Mrs. Hurd at 732-758-1520 or email@example.com.
- Parents of Special Education students with questions or needs are encouraged to reach out to their case managers, related service providers or Mrs. Hurd at 732-758-1520 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review our Notice Regarding Special Education Services (English or Spanish).
- Visit our State & Federal Resources section for important information.
- General Information
- Questions? Call 732-758-1500 and leave a message. Here is other important Contact Information.
If you enjoyed this article please “Like” and “Follow” us on the TAPinto Red Bank Facebook page, and sign up for our daily e-news so you’ll never miss what’s happening in Red Bank!
And please share this article with your friends and family!