RED BANK, NJ: The end of this unusual school year is fast approaching. We revised the 19-20 calendar and Wednesday, June 17 will be our 180th and final day of school. On that evening, we will celebrate our eighth-grade graduating Class of 2020 with a virtual ceremony to culminate their journey through the Red Bank Borough Public Schools. Graduation and Grade 8 activity details will be distributed later this week directly to our eighth-grade families. Additionally, we have initiated planning for a virtual Extended School Year program for all eligible special education students. As noted below, eligible families will receive notification soon.
We have many housekeeping items to address as we look ahead to the remaining 19 days of school. The majority of these items are listed below. Please review carefully and mark your calendars. For events that require a visit to our schools, we request that one parent/guardian participate per family in order to ensure adherence to public health guidelines.
Looking back over the past 9 weeks, we have much to be proud of as a school community. The word resilience is simultaneously overused and an understatement. This infographic brilliantly shares our journey in numbers but it cannot convey the compassion, unity, patience, collaboration, and enthusiasm that writes this story. On behalf of our teachers and support staff I thank you for your continued support and your ongoing communication to help us best serve our children. Let’s continue to inspire BIG Dreams together and keep our children smiling as we close out the 19-20 school year!
Our next update will be on Wednesday, June 3. Until then, we will maintain our #RBBisBIA mindset so we can rest assured, we are the Best for Red Bank!
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT UPDATES BELOW.
- Food Services
- FOOD SERVICES ARE ONLY AT RED BANK MIDDLE SCHOOL.
- Due to Memorial Day, our schedule has changed for the week: English | Spanish.
- If your income has changed and you believe you may qualify for Free or Reduced lunch, please review our application (English | Spanish). Once completed, email it to email@example.com, mail it (Red Bank Borough Board of Education, 76 Branch Ave, Red Bank, NJ 07701) or drop it off at Red Bank Middle School during “Grab and Go” Food Services.
- Grade 8 Graduation, Caps & Gowns, Chromebook Returns and Locker Pickup information will be communicated by Friday, May 22, 2020.
- Preschool - Grade 7 Student Materials Pickup Information: English | Spanish
- 2019-2020 Calendar Change
- Our Board of Education approved a revised Calendar. The last day of school is Wednesday, June 17, 2020.
- Extended School Year (ESY)
- Our ESY program will be held virtually this year for all eligible Special Education students. Additional information will be communicated directly to any family involved.
- Preschool and Grades K-8 Registration
- Registration for new Preschool - Grade 8 students is on hold. We will alert the community when more information is available. Please share with prospective parents, especially those planning to enroll in Preschool for September 2020.
- Grading - Trimester 3 - Report Cards will be mailed the week of June 29, 2020. Assignments provided virtually or via home learning packets should be completed to the best of your child’s ability.
- Grades K-3: Students will receive an overall grade for Literacy and Mathematics as a result of not being able to individually assess each standard. The grading terminology will remain consistent with the numbering system on the grading rubric. Special Areas will note assessed for the third trimester, although they are valued and viewed as an important part of the development of students.
- Grades 4-5 and Grades 4-8 Specials: Students will be graded as PASS or UNABLE TO ASSESS. All unable to assess grades will have comments.
- Grades 6-8: Students will be graded as PASS, FAIL or UNABLE TO ASSESS. All unable to assess and fail grades will have a comment. A final grade will be calculated as PASS, FAIL or UNABLE TO ASSESS.
- Home Learning Information
- Click HERE for Home Learning information.
- Grades K-2: HOME LEARNING PACKETS
- Home Learning Packets will continue until Wednesday, June 17, 2020. Work will be provided during Student Materials Pickup.
- Grade 3-8: VIRTUAL LEARNING
- Virtual Learning will continue until Wednesday, June 17, 2020.
- Students in these grades should check Google Classroom on a daily basis for assignments.
- Grades 4-8 Students - Click HERE for Red Bank Middle School Virtual Learning Plans.
- Staff are available Monday through Friday from 9:00-12:00 PM at a minimum. You may reach out to them via email, ClassDojo, Remind and/or Google Meet/Classroom should you have any questions.
- Visit our Virtual Learning Website for additional educational experiences for ALL students.
- Counseling, Health and Educational Services
- In the event your child needs support in the area of counseling, mental health or health during this time, contact Mrs. Hurd at 732-758-1520 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Parents of Special Education students with questions or needs are encouraged to reach out to their case managers, related service providers or Mrs. Hurd at 732-758-1520 or email@example.com.
- Review our Notice Regarding Special Education Services (English or Spanish).
- Visit our State & Federal Resources section for important information.
- General Information
- Questions? Call 732-758-1500 and leave a message. Here is other important Contact Information.
- Our District has a Forced Closure Plan as required by the NJ Department of Education. This plan is fluid and changes weekly as new guidance is provided. It addresses feeding, instruction, student services and more.
If you enjoyed this article please “Like” and “Follow” us on the TAPinto Red Bank Facebook page, and sign up for our daily e-news so you’ll never miss what’s happening in Red Bank!
And please share this article with your friends and family!