RED BANK, NJ: I hope this message finds you and your families well and enjoying the summer break. As promised, we are sharing this bi-weekly update to provide some general information regarding our reopening plan and provide some insight into September.
As previously communicated, the New Jersey Department of Education (NJDOE) released the Restart and Recovery Plan for Education on Friday, June 26. This document offered guidelines but also left many questions unanswered. It did, however, communicate two points:
- Schools in New Jersey should reopen for some type of in-person instruction in the fall.
- All students will be required to wear a face covering when physical distancing of six feet is not possible (unless prohibited from doing so because of a medical condition).
Currently, we are developing an in-person, remote learning hybrid schedule that is focused on the health and safety of our students, faculty and staff. Our plans include recommendations from the CDC, the NJDOH, our local health commission, and other feedback we have received from the community and staff.
While our plans are subject to change, below are some points to consider. These small steps will help in the fall, regardless of the type of plan we implement.
- Items families will need for their children:
- Face Covering
- Hand Sanitizer
- While we hope to provide face coverings and hand sanitizer, we anticipate asking families to donate large bottles (8-12 ounces) of hand sanitizer for general use.
- Students will be required to wear face coverings on buses and in school when social distancing guidelines cannot be met. Accommodations will be made for students with certain conditions that preclude the use of face coverings.
- Please ensure you have a working thermometer. Parents will need to screen their children for fevers and other symptoms daily. Students will be screened upon entry to the school and during the day as needed.
- We plan to distribute Chromebooks in late August/early September to all students in Grades K-8. If you are in need of WiFi, visit www.internetessentials.com. You may qualify for this special pricing if you are eligible for public assistance programs such as Free/Reduced Lunch, Housing Assistance, Medicaid, SNAP, SSI and others.
- At a minimum we anticipate being fully virtual for all students in Grades Preschool - 8 every Wednesday.
- We anticipate our Board of Education approving a revised calendar at their next meeting. Our projected start date for students will be later than planned as we need time for staff to prepare for in person and/or virtual instruction.
- Any in person instruction will be based on a Minimum School Day schedule. This modified schedule will provide additional time to sanitize all areas on a daily basis.
- Preschool through Grade 3 dismissal time - 1:25 PM.
- Grades 4-8 dismissal time - 1:00 PM.
- Due to social distancing guidelines and restrictions students will not eat breakfast or lunch in school. Students will be provided a daily snack and breakfast and lunch will be similar to “Grab and Go” that is currently offered.
Again, all plans are subject to any changes to the guidelines provided by the NJDOE, directives from the Office of the Governor, and the recommendations of relevant health organizations. Further information regarding instructional programming will be forthcoming, but please know we have taken measures to provide a more structured virtual schedule for students and staff.
Please continue to practice social distancing and make good choices. You can expect our next Community Update on or about July 29. We anticipate this update will include more detailed information regarding September. In the meantime, continue to Dream BIG, stay safe and be well.
PLEASE READ THE IMPORTANT UPDATES BELOW
- “Grab and Go” Breakfast and Lunch - All Children 18 or Younger
- Food Services are open Mondays and Thursday from 8:30-11:00 AM at RB Middle School - English/Spanish.
- Voter Registration & Eligibility
- Summer Learning Opportunities
- Preschool and Grades K-8 Registration
- Click HERE for registration information for NEW Preschool - Grade 8. Please share with prospective families.
- Any student currently in the Red Bank Borough Public Schools does not need to register.
- If you are relocating within Red Bank or have moved out of Red Bank, call 732-758-1510.
- Counseling, Health and Educational Services
- In the event your child needs support in the area of counseling, mental health or health during this time, contact Mrs. Hurd at 732-758-1520 or email@example.com.
- Parents of Special Education students with questions or needs are encouraged to reach out to their case managers, related service providers or Mrs. Hurd at 732-758-1520 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Visit our State & Federal Resources section for important information.
- General Information
- Questions? Call 732-758-1500 and leave a message. Here is other important Contact Information.
If you enjoyed this article please “Like” and “Follow” us on the TAPinto Red Bank Facebook page, and sign up for our daily e-news so you’ll never miss what’s happening in Red Bank!
And please share this article with your friends and family!