RED BANK, NJ: Red Bank Public Library Update.
- In light of the COVID-19 outbreak, the Red Bank Public Library is closed until further notice. The Governor has ordered the closure of all libraries in the state.
- We, the staff, are still working from home, and are providing limited services, which you can learn about through this weekly newsletter, at this site, or through our social media accounts (linked below). Our off-site hours are 9-5 Monday through Friday.
- Unfortunately, we cannot offer any physical materials at the time. If you have placed a hold, it is not going to come in until this is over. If you have a book checked out, our Book Drop remains open, but all items have had their due dates extended to April 15th. If we are not open by then, we will extend the due date again. YOU WILL NOT BE FINED DURING THIS OUTBREAK.
- All in-person programs are (as you may have guessed) cancelled until further notice.
- We are maintaining a special webpage for all Library News during the COVID-19 closures. Find it here.
What's still available:
- Online Resources
- Our 24-hour library is still available. We have ebooks, audiobooks, magazines, streaming music, and streaming video all available for free for our cardholders. We also have free access to Universal Class and Rosetta Stone.
- If you do not have a library card, we are offering Temporary Cards that can be applied for online and used without coming in. Find the application form here.
- Our Resource pages are also still available.
- This includes our Research Databases which have sites like Novelist, which can give you a recommendation for your next book!
- It also includes our Local Resources, which may be worth revisiting in the current crisis.
- We have created a COVID-19 Resource page that we are keeping as updated as possible. It has information on current Government Restrictions, on what services are still available, and on types of relief available to Red Bank residents. This page is intended to be hyperlocal information for the Red Bank area, so please tell us if you have something you think we should add!
- We encourage everyone to get their information on the Pandemic from reliable resources. The CDC has a resource page for the outbreak, as does the NJ Department of Health. Both are good sources of information. Also, given how rapidly misinformation spreads in times like these, might we suggest revisiting our "How to Spot Fake News" resource page?
- We are webcasting a number of programs through our Facebook Page. Like our Facebook page here and check for announcements. Miss Sira is posting thrice-weekly Story Times (the writer of this email has a two-year-old, take it from me: these videos have been lifesavers), and Miss Jaime is still doing Power Play through Facebook Live. We will also be doing daily trivia on our Instagram page. We hope to keep expanding this programming during the shutdown.
- You can watch our back catalog of taped programs from our "Let's Talk About Race" and "Sustainable Red Bank" series here on our YouTube Channel. Miss Sira is also posting her Story Time videos on YouTube.
- We are checking our email and social media regularly for reference questions. Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a question need answered!
- We are regularly checking the Library voicemail. Please feel free to leave a message, and we will get back to you promptly. Phone number is listed below.
- We have left our wireless routers on at the library and we have placed WiFi extenders near the back patio by the picnic tables. You should be able to use it if you need. IF YOU CHOOSE TO USE THIS SERVICE, PLEASE PRACTICE SOCIAL DISTANCING. That is keep 6-10 feet from all other people and wash your hands after contact with any other surfaces. You should be able to connect to our WiFi in your car from our parking lot.
- Miss Sira is back to regularly changing out the Story Walk in Riverside Gardens Park. This is a great activity if you need to get kids out of the house. Again: PLEASE practice social distancing while enjoying this activity. The Park is not super packed at the moment, and the Story Walk is pretty well spaced-out, but use your own judgment and give others a wide berth.
We are closed to the public, but we are working remotely at these hours:
- Monday: 9am — 5pm
- Tuesday: 9am — 5pm
- Wednesday: 9am — 5pm
- Thursday: 9am — 5pm
- Friday: 9am — 5pm
If you enjoyed this article please “Like” and “Follow” us on the TAPinto Red Bank Facebook page, and sign up for our daily e-news so you’ll never miss what’s happening in Red Bank!
And please share this article with your friends and family!