RED BANK, NJ – Yesterday's fire in downtown Red Bank started in the roof and flashing in the rear of the building where the Taylor Sam’s store is located.

The official cause was reported as, “Improperly discarded smoking material.”  

RBFD Chief Wayne Hartman said, “Unofficially, the fire was due to a cigarette in a flower pot, someone was using it as an ashtray.  Apparently, a local business employee saw the fire in its early stages, and reported it right away.  The fire department made a quick stop, with minimal damage to the building.  There were no injuries to any tenants, or firefighters.  Luckily this was 2:45pm in the afternoon, and not in the middle of the night, or the results would be very different.”

Sign Up for Red Bank Newsletter
Our newsletter delivers the local news that you can trust.

Red Bank’s Bravest – dedicated and professional!

If you enjoyed this article please “Like” us on the TAPinto Red Bank Facebook page, and sign up for our daily e-news so you’ll never miss what’s happening in Red Bank!

And please share this article with your friends and family!