ROSELLE/ROSELLE PARK, NJ - TAP into Roselle/Roselle Park publisher Kathy Lloyd has been named a 2015 "Union County Woman of Excellence" by the Union County Commission on the Status of Women. The honorees will be celebrated at the 23rd annual Women of Excellence dinner on March 20, 2015, at Galloping Hill Caterers in Union.
Lloyd serves as the President of the Roselle Office of Service and Engagement (R.O.S.E.) an organization that works with community volunteerism.
She also serves as the Executive Director of Roselle 24/7 a non profit organization that she created to help her community with initiatives such as the annual “Roselle Walks” cancer walk and many other projects.
As the publisher for TAPinto for Roselle/Roselle Park, she works to provide the residents of Roselle and Roselle Park with up to date news and information.
"I'm so honored to be named for this award," said Lloyd, who began publishing TAP into Roselle/Roselle Park in 2014. “While at times covering news for two towns is a bit daunting, I wouldn’t trade it for anything. I live in Roselle so I am truly hyperlocal. I really care about getting information out to my communities, whether it's a news story or just an event. It’s about being involved.”
Women throughout Union County were nominated for their contributions in the categories of Arts and Humanities, Business/Entrepreneurial, Community Service, Education, Government, Law, Law Enforcement, Medicine and Health Care, or Women’s Advocacy.
The 2015 honorees are:
- Cynthia Alexander, real estate agent, Caldwell Banker and member of many Historic Preservation Groups (Community Leader) - Westfield
- Amy Boroff, owner, Be Craftful (Entrepreneurship) - Fanwood
- Adrian Gardner, Union County Sheriffs Officer (Law Enforcement) - Elizabeth
- Lynne Fitzpatrick, owner, Guillotine Salon and Spa, (Business Leader) - Cranford
- Erica Bell Foster, Vauxhall Branch Library Manager, Union Public Library and Director of Career Services at Pathways Learning Institute (Education) - Union
- Ceil Mantia, social worker, Rotarian and trustee of The Historical Society of Elizabeth (Lifetime Achievement) - Elizabeth
- Kathy Lloyd, publisher, TAP into Roselle/Roselle Park (Media) - Roselle/Roselle Park
- Reverend Joy Mounts, associate pastor, First Congregational Church of Westfield (Youth Advocacy) - Westfield
- Tricia Nering, Heart for Humanity (Humanitarian) - Fanwood
- Karolina Szatkowski, The YWCA of Eastern Union County (Women's Advocacy) - Elizabeth
“The Women of Excellence Awards honor the many ways in which women strengthen the Union County community,” said Union County Freeholder Christopher Hudak.
The Women of Excellence award is open to all women, 21 years or older, who live, work, or volunteer in Union County.