UNION COUNTY, NJ – Election Day is rapidly approaching, and so is the deadline to register to vote. Tuesday, October 13, is the last day to do so in time for the upcoming General Election and School Board Election on November 3.
“There is still ample time to register, but don’t delay. If you have any questions about your eligibility or other concerns, you can call my office and my staff will assist you,” said Union County Clerk Joanne Rajoppi. “Registering to vote is quick and simple, and it is the first step toward guaranteeing that your voice will be heard in the 2015 General and School Board Elections.”
Registering to vote is easy, and the County Clerk’s office offers a number of options:
- Voter registration forms are available at the Office of the County Clerk in the main office in Elizabeth at 2 Broad Street, and at the satellite office in Westfield at 300 North Avenue East.
- A form can also be requested through the Union County Votes App, by calling the County Clerk’s office at 908-527-4996 or downloading it from the County Clerk’s website,ucnj.org/county-clerk.
- Each municipal clerk’s office also has voter registration forms available.
- Voter registration forms must be mailed to the Union County Board of Elections, 271 North Broad Street, Elizabeth, NJ 07208 and postmarked no later than Tuesday, October 13, to be eligible to vote on November 3, 2015.
To be able to vote the person must be a citizen of the United States and at least 18 years old by Election Day, not serving a sentence, probation, or parole because of a felony conviction, and a resident of New Jersey and Union County for at least 30 days.
The County Clerk has made voting easier, too. Those already registered voters use the Vote-by-Mail process.
“Vote-By-Mail is becoming very popular and I encourage you to give it a try,” said Rajoppi. “This year I have redesigned the Vote-by-Mail ballot to make it even more simple and convenient to vote by mail.
There are several options to vote by mail:
- Voters can pick up an application from their municipal clerk,
- Download the form at the Union County website, ucnj.org/vote-by-mail,
- Visit the County Clerk’s offices in Elizabeth or Westfield,
- Contact the Union County Clerk at908-527-4996,
- Request an application through the Union County Votes App.
- Applications to Vote-By-Mail must be received by the County Clerk no later than October 27.
- The deadline for in-person applications at the Clerk’s offices is November 2 before 3:00 p.m.
For all County Clerk programs and services visit ucnj.org/county-clerk or call 908-527-4787.