Event at UC Vo-Tech in Scotch Plains; COVID-19 safety rules apply
The Union County Board of County Commissioners announced today that there will be a free Drive-Up screening of “The Croods – A New Age” at the Union County Vocational-Technical Schools Campus, located at 1776 Raritan Road in Scotch Plains on Friday, April 23. Parking begins at 7:00 p.m. and the movie will begin at dusk. The rain date for this event is scheduled for Saturday, April 24.
Due to space limitations, advanced reservations are required. To register, go to ucnj.org/reserve/ beginning at 9:00 a.m. on Friday, April 16. Only one registration is required per vehicle.
“The Union County Drive-up movie series provides families with a great way to enjoy a night out with safety in mind,” said County Commissioner Chairman Alexander Mirabella.
The following rules and guidelines apply to residents wishing to attend:
• The event will run in compliance with state COVID-19 orders, regarding social distancing and other protocols.
• The event is open to Union County residents ONLY.
• The event is free to attend but pre-registration is required.
• Due to space limitations reservations will be available on a first come, first served basis.
• To help promote social distancing, no walk-ups, bikes or chairs are permitted.
• Attendees must bring their own snacks and drinks. There will not be any food or drink available for purchase. Alcohol is not permitted.
• Vehicles will be arranged at least 6 feet apart with adequate social distancing.
• Attendees must stay in their vehicles (unless they need to use the port-o-johns)
• Port-o-johns will be available. Masks are required when using the port-o-johns.
Further details will be available to residents upon registration.
For more information and updates on all Union County services during the COVID-19 outbreak, including the Drive-Through Test Center at Kean University, the Mobile Test Unit walk-up sites, vaccination information, emergency food distribution and other support services, visit ucnj.org/covid19. General information about COVID-19 is available through the New Jersey Department of Health at nj.gov/health.
Connect with Union County on social media.