Office on Women to begin accepting nominations on March 1
Do you know a phenomenal woman from Union County who has or is making a difference in our community in response to the COVID-19 public health emergency? If so, The Union County Office on Women would like to hear from you.
The Union County Office on Women invites residents to recognize neighbors, friends, coworkers, caretakers, sisters, mothers, educators, doctors, nurses and medical personnel of any kind, who muscled their way through this long battle with COVID-19 in Union County, NJ.
Beginning March 1, the Office on Women will accept nominations for the “Tribute to SHeroes” awards. A SHero is a woman who has demonstrated leadership, pride and commitment to her community in a remarkable manner. To be eligible for this special distinction, nominees must either live in or work with an organization or business in Union County, New Jersey.
“Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic we continue to be amazed at the how resourceful and resilient members of our community have been in their response to unprecedented circumstances,” said Union County Board of Commissioners Chairman Alexander Mirabella. “March is Women’s History Month and the Board of Commissioners is proud to honor the SHeroes within the County who have distinguished themselves as pivotal in helping to get our residents through these difficult times.”
- Must identify as a woman.
- Must be 21 years or older.
- Must reside in or be employed in Union County, New Jersey.
- Union County Government Employees are not eligible for nomination
CRITERIA FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Nominee must have made accomplishments and demonstrated outstanding achievements in fighting the pandemic and the battle against the Corona Virus/Covid-19.
- Nominator must include examples of how the nominee has demonstrated outstanding achievements.
- Nominator must indicate how the nominee has made a difference or improved the lives of the Union County residents or employees based in Union County, NJ.
- Nominator must include photo of nominee for publication.
- Nominator must send typewritten nomination – 1 paragraph long, describing nominee’s distinctions.
Nominations will be accepted until March 31. Due COVID-19 restrictions, SHeroes will be honored virtually and in a safe manner this spring. To submit a nomination, click [LINK].
The Union County Office on Women is a division of the Union County Department of Human Services. For more information on the Union County Office on Women, visit https://ucnj.org/department-of-economic-development/office-on-women/ or call 908-527-4216
For more information and updates on all Union County services during the COVID-19 outbreak, including the Drive-Through Test Center at Kean University, the Mobile Test Unit walk-up sites, vaccination information, emergency food distribution and other support services, visit ucnj.org/covid19. General information about COVID-19 is available through the New Jersey Department of Health at nj.gov/health.
Connect with Union County on social media.