ROSELLE, NJ - The Roselle Board of Education is seeking applications from residents to fill a vacancy created earlier this month with the resignation of board member Art Rice.
Residents who would like to be considered for appointment to the seat must forward a letter of intent along with a resume by January 24, at 3 p.m. to Mr. Dorian Timmons, Board Secretary, Roselle Board of Education, 710 Locust Street, Roselle, NJ 07203.
Residents interested in seeking a seat on the Board will be required to attend the board's public meeting on January 29, at 7 p.m. at the Abraham Clark High School auditorium, 122 East 6th Avenue, Roselle. Applicants may be interviewed in public session by the full board. Board members will then vote and select an applicant to fill the seat through December 31, 2018.
According to state statute, all candidates must possess the following qualifications:
- Be able to read, write, and understand English;
- Hold U.S. citizenship and residency in the Borough of Roselle for at least one year;
- Have no interest in any contract with, or claim against, the Roselle Board of Education;
- Not hold office as mayor or member of the municipal governing body;
- Currently registered to vote in the Borough of Roselle;
- Not disqualified as a voter pursuant to N.J.S.A. 19:4-1; and
- Not disqualified due to the conviction of a crime or offense under N.J.S.A. 18A:12-1.
Sign up for our daily e-news!