ROSELLE, NJ - The Roselle Police Department has announced its partnership with the free “Neighbors” app by Ring to provide its residents with real-time, local crime and safety information.
“Real-time communications is an invaluable tool to assist law enforcement in preventing crime from occurring and solving open cases”, said Chief Brian Barnes. “We are hoping that our partnership with Neighbors by Ring will be another way we can work together with the community.”
Chief Barnes emphasized working with Ring was not a product endorsement instead it’s a resource available to help crime-fighting efforts.
Ring offers products which range from video doorbells to security cameras and systems that enable their owners to visualize and interact with individuals who come into view of the doorbell through a mobile application.
Neighbors, a free mobile application launched by Ring, is a platform that allows people to share, view and comment on crime and security within their community. It is available on iOS or Android devices. Users can receive crime and safety news as well as upload videos and photos from their smartphones.
Law enforcement also has the capability of sharing crime tips and localized updates through the app. The police do not have access to any video or user information unless it is shared with them. Residents can text rosellepd to 555888 from their Smartphone to download the Neighbors app for free.
Jamie Siminoff, Chief Inventor and Founder of Ring, said: “we’re excited to have the Roselle Police Department join Neighbors to keep their community up-to-date on local crime and safety information. Over the past few years we have learned that, when neighbors, the Ring team and law enforcement all work together, we can create safer communities. Neighbors is meant to facilitate real-time communication between these groups while maintaining neighbor privacy first and foremost. By bringing security to every neighbor with the free Neighbors app, the Roselle community can stay on top of crime and safety alerts as they happen.”
How It Works:
- Text rosellepd to 555888 from your Smartphone to download the app for free on iOS or Android.
- Opt-in to join your neighborhood
- Customize the geographic area you want to receive notifications for (users must verify where they are located and cannot participate in other neighborhoods).
- Receive real-time alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team that inform of crime and safety alerts as they happen
- View local crime and safety posts via a live feed or interactive map
- Share text updates, photos and videos taken on any device, including Ring’s home security devices
- Work with your community to make neighborhoods safer
Neighbors is a neighborhood watch app that provides real-time, local crime and safety information and receive real-time safety alerts from your neighbors, local law enforcement and the Ring team.
For more information visit www.ring.com/neighbors.com.
Sign up for our daily e-news!