The Morris County Park Commission is offering a new Women’s 14-Week Golf Program designed to make women comfortable on the links and improve their playing ability and lifestyles.
The county has partnered with Pat Roque of “Business Boomers” to produce this new program to introduce a new audience to the county’s golf links starting next Friday.
IMPORTANT: Registration deadline is May 4.
The program is open to female golfers of all interest and ability levels, weekly events begin Friday, May 6 at the following Morris County Park Commission owned golf courses: Berkshire Valley (Jefferson), Flanders Valley (Flanders), Pinch Brook (Florham Park) and Sunset Valley (Pompton Plains). Registration is $480 and includes:
- Workshops, game-improvement clinics and guest speaker engagements
- Free nine- and 18-hole rounds with reduced guest fees
- Year-end tournament with closing ceremony
- LPGA and PGA professional instruction
- Shopping tips and fashion shows
“Women represent nearly 20 percent of all golfers and 40 percent of all new golfers,” says Rob O’Rourke, Regional Manager for Billy Casper Golf, which manages the Morris County courses. “Alongside Pat Roque (known as the Tony Robbins of the golf world), our courses’ teams will show women, in non-intimidating and fun ways, how learning and playing golf has healthy impacts on their lives.”
“Billy Casper Golf continues to add even more value-enhancing programs to our golf courses,” says Betty Cass-Schmidt, President of the Morris County Park Commission. “We firmly embrace opportunities like this which foster growth and development of our community.”
For more information and full listing of events, call Flanders Valley at 973.584.5382 or visit www.morriscountygolfcourses.com.
About Morris County Park Commission Golf Courses
- Flanders Valley Golf Course(Flanders) is Morris County’s flagship golf operation. More than 85,000 golfers tee it up annually on its two, award-winning 18-hole layouts rated among America’s top public golf course
- Berkshire Valley Golf Course (Jefferson) is set atop the ridge of Green Pond Mountain. Its 18-hole, par-71, 6,800-yard layout has won Golf Digest’s “Best Places to Play” and Garden State magazine’s “Top Municipal Golf Course” Honors.
- Pinch Brook Golf Course (Florham Park) is an executive-length course designed by renowned development firm, Rees Jones, Inc. The par-54, 4,996-yard layout is popular among beginners and more advanced players for fun and quick rounds.
- Sunset Valley Golf Course (Pompton Plains) offers a variety of challenging and entertaining holes. Consistently rated four stars by Golf Digest, it features three of the best finishing holes in New Jersey and is among Golf Styles magazine’s a “Top 100 ‘Must Play Courses.”.
More information: www.morriscountygolfcourses.com, 973.584.5382.