ROXBURY, NJ - Twelve student-athletes from Roxbury High School participated in a signing ceremony today committing to play sports at the NCAA collegiate level.
Roxbury Athletic Director Stuart Mason congratulated the athletes for their hard work in giving themselves the opportunity to play at college. “Only five percent of all high school athletes move on to compete at any level,” he said. “You giving yourselves the opportunity is a testament to the hard work and a testament to the job your parents did in supporting you. We wish you the best of luck next year.”
The student-athletes are joining the nationally recognized programs, many for Division 3 programs in 11 different sports. Coaches, players, teammates, friends, and family members joined the athletes at their signing.
The following student-athletes signed today:
- Aaron Heyman – Sage College (Lacrosse)
- Brendon Hoagland – Delaware Valley University (Baseball)
- John Tesoriero – Western New England University (Wrestling)
- Hannah Legotte – Montclair State University (Field Hockey)
- Vincent Manganella – Montclair State University (Football)
- Cole Gibson – William Paterson University (Football)
- Marisa Kent – Kean University (Soccer)
- Carrie Batta – Centenary University (Softball)
- Nicolas Poliviou – Stockton University (Track and Field)
- Luke Wawrin – Centenary University (Soccer)
- Emily Raedisch – Monmouth University (Swimming)
- Nicholas Dana – Stockton University (Baseball)