ROXBURY, NJ - Eighteen high school students from Roxbury High School were named Students of the Month for January.
Teachers nominate students for their performance in any of the eleven departments: Math, Science, Social Studies, English Language Arts, World Languages, Business, Family and Consumer Sciences, Engineering Design and Technology, Performing Arts, Visual Arts, and Health/Physical Education.
Students can also be selected for the category of Citizenship, Most Improved and School Spirit.
January’s winners were:
- Business – Matthew Alvine
- English – Gabriella Gosselin
- Family and Consumer Sciences – Samantha Nieves
- Health and Physical Education – Nizaire Johnson
- Engineering Design & Technology – Kevin Mack
- Math – Kevin Stigliano
- Most Improved – Justin Talavera
- Performing Arts – Zachary Solano
- Science – Delaney Scalera
- Social Studies – Joshua Ramirez
- Visual Arts – Daniel Huaracallo
- World Languages – Dylan Hayeck
- Citizenship – Eric Malandrino, Ash Dunlap, Sean Mahoney, Alexis Minnella, Logan Malczynski and Anna Kisatsky
Winners each receive a certificate, a Roxbury drawstring bag and coupons from Jersey Mikes, Cliff’s Ice Cream, Roxbury Bagels, and Circle Bowl and Entertainment.
The students that do not win but were nominated get a copy of the nomination letter.