ROXBURY, NJ - Roxbury High School Senior Kathleen Walsh, a drum major, was nominated by band director Jeffrey Conrad for the Mayo Performing Arts Center’s Music Student of the Month Award for Outstanding Band Members.
Walsh, along with eleven other students in area schools, will be awarded on Oct. 1 at the Jazz At Lincoln Center Orchestra performance at 7 p.m. Students will receive two free tickets, one for themselves and one for a family member or friend. All honorees are invited to attend the band’s sound check at 5 p.m.
The honorees for Outstanding Band Members are:
- Patrick Bourke, Grade 8, Randolph Middle School, Randolph; Nominated by Thomas Davidson
- Evan Casaleggio, Grade 8, Richard Butler School, Butler; Nominated by Lyn Lowndes
- Isabella Diaz, Grade 8, John Hill School, Boonton; Nominated by Yvonne Manca
- Perri Gish, Grade 12, Randolph High School, Randolph; Nominated by Dawn Russo
- Emily Hughes, Grade 11, Whippany Park High School, Whippany; Nominated by Carl Sabatino
- Ethan Kaplan, Grade 12, Parsippany High School, Parsippany; Nominated by Gregory Dalakian
- Claire Oplinger, Grade 11, Morristown High School, Morristown; Nominated by Michael Russo
- Matthew Oyales, Grade 11, Mount Olive High School, Flanders; Nominated by Darrell Hendricks
- Skyler Walters, Grade 8, Harding Township School, New Veron; Nominated by Tim Alworth
- Kathleen Walsh, Grade 12, Roxbury High School, Roxbury; Nominated by Jeffrey Conrad
- Megan Wu, Grade 8, The Peck School, Morristown; Nominated by Andrew Lyman
- Charlie Zaybekian, Grade 8, Mountain View Middle School, Mendham; Nominated by Leigh Carpenter
The Music Student of the Month program was created sixteen years ago to give middle and high school music teachers of Morris County the opportunity to recognize music students who demonstrate a strong commitment to and excellence in the performing arts. This year’s program is sponsored by the Gorham Foundation.