ROXBURY, NJ - The Roxbury School District has enrolled as an open site through the National School Lunch Program and the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA), which means the district can provide free meals (breakfast and lunch) to anyone under 18 whether you live in Roxbury or not through June 2021.
On Tuesday, Roxbury Schools Superintendent Loretta Radulic announced that the district would be switching to remote learning beginning Dec. 14. With this switch, the following will go into effect with regard to Roxbury schools meal pickups and deliveries through Dec. 23.
Meals will continue to be available Monday through Friday, weekends and holidays.
- Evening Meal Pickups - All families will only be able to pick up meals on Mondays from 4 p.m. to 6 p.m. at Roxbury High School.
- Multi-Day Meal Order Pickups - Families picking up multiple meals for the week can do so, but are encouraged to go to Roxbury High School from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. as there may be more variety available.
- Free/Reduced Families - All free and reduced-cost families will continue to have their meals delivered Monday through Friday.
- Meal Order Form Update - During remote learning, and until further notice, completion of the meal order form is no longer necessary.
Beginning, Dec. 14, the district will also have 10 meal delivery sites set up throughout the township. Meals (breakfast and lunch) will be available daily (Monday through Friday) for pick up from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. from a Roxbury school bus at the following delivery sites:
- Zone 1 - Berkshire Valley Firehouse - at the corner of Berkshire Valley and Gordon
- Zone 2 - Nixon Elementary School - at 275 Mt. Arlington Blvd., Landing
- Zone 3 - St. Dunstan’s Church - at 179 South Hillside Ave., Succasunna
- Zone 4 - Port Morris Firehouse (formerly) - at 580 Main St., Port Morris
- Zone 5 - Mountain Road/Conklin Pond - at the corner of Kennedy and Conklin
- Zone 6 - Kenvil Food Store Lot - at the corner of Route 46 and Halsey Road, Kenvil
- Zone 7 - Redeemer Lutheran Church - at 203 Eyland Ave., Succasunna
- Zone 8 - Eisenhower Middle School - at 47 Eyland Ave., Succasunna
- Zone 9 - Lincoln/Roosevelt School Rear Lot - located at 34 North Hillside Ave., Succasunna
- Zone 10 - St. Therese School - located at 135 Main St., Succasunna
Click here to view samples of some of the Maschio meals. Roxbury Schools/Maschio reserves the right to modify the menu based on food/product availability for that day.
Lastly, please feel free to share this information with any families interested in participating. Daycares and preschools in the surrounding area can also take advantage of this opportunity. If your daycare/preschool provider is interested, please reach out directly to Joe Mondanaro, Roxbury schools business administrator. Otherwise, families can always go to Roxbury High School or the Meal Delivery Sites at the designated pick up times noted above.