ROXBURY, NJ - People passing the King House Museum at 209 Main Street in Ledgewood might be wondering why some windows of the historic residence are covered in plywood.

It's OK.

The windows have been temporarily removed as part of a major exterior restoration taking place at the building, thanks largely to grant funding and support from Roxbury Township.

Sign Up for E-News

Historic windows and doors are being restored. Gutters and roof eaves are being repaired. The porches are being refurbished. And when all that's done, the old house will be treated to an overall coat of paint.

Although the historic renovations will take several months to complete, the King House Museum will continue to be open to visitors together with the King Store Museum. 

This Sunday, June 10, visitors will be able to tour all the Museums at Drakesville Historic Park from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.  At 4:15 p.m., the annual meeting of the Roxbury Historic Trust, Inc. will take place, preceded by a special presentation from local resident Scott Beale who will speak about the historic Roxbury community of Port Morris.

The Roxbury Historic Trust is grateful to the following generous funders who have made this renovation possible:

The Township of Roxbury, including the Mayor and Council and the Open Space Committee

The Morris County Board of Chosen Freeholders

The Morris County Historic Preservation Trust Fund

The 1772 Foundation

For more information, go to Facebook: The Museums at Drakesville