Now that Halloween has passed, we begin to think about the winter holidays. Christmas ads with jingling bells and falling snow will soon be everywhere.
Typically, home sellers take their homes off the market in November and December, thinking they will re-list in January after the New Year. Current market conditions show that the inventory of available homes is stale, and that buyers are hungry for new properties. The market is still strong, however, with right-priced properties receiving quick offers, and in some cases, multiple offers.
If you are considering selling your home, now is a great time. Not only will buyers be excited to see new homes come on the market, but the holiday season could be the most strategic time for you to sell.
1. There is less competition in the marketplace.
2. Winter buyers are more serious buyers.
3. You may have fewer actual showings, but more qualified and motivated prospects.
4. Your home looks and feels better and more festive during the holidays.
5. The highest percentage of "Listings Sold" to "Listings Taken" occurs during this time of year.
6. When you sell during the winter months you have an opportunity to purchase during the spring market, when many homes are on the market.
For more real estate tips and fun, unique things to do in New Jersey, please like my Facebook page.
If you would like an analysis of your home's current value, please email me.