UNION COUNTY, NJ -- Defending champion Gov. Livingston is the top seed in the 2017 Union County Tournament, which starts Thursday with preliminary round games. Second round action takes place on Saturday with quarterfinals set for May 3. The semifinals will be held at Cranford Memorial Field on Saturday, May 6 with the championship game taking place a week later on Saturday, May 13 at Kean University.
No. 1 Gov. Livingson and No. 2 Cranford received byes into the quarterfinals. No.3 Scotch Plains-Fanwood will host No. 14 Oratory Prep in the first round. No. 4 Westfield plays No. 13 Dayton.
Here are the seeds and the matchups:
- Winner of 17) Roselle Catholic vs.16) Plainfield at 1) Gov. Livingston
- Winner of 18) Hillside vs.15) Linden at 2) Cranford
- 14) Oratory Prep at 3) Scotch Plains-Fanwood
- 13) Dayton (Springfield) at 4) Westfield
- 12) Rahway at 5) Summit
- 11) Roselle Park at 6) Union
- 10) New Providence at 7) Elizabeth
- 9) A. L. Johnson (Clark) at 8) Union Catholic
Meanwhile, the Raiders will host Gov. Livingston in a regular season game at 4:00 p.m. on Thursday at Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School.