SCOTCH PLAINS/FANWOOD, NJ -- The Scotch Plains-Fanwood boys swim team took another important step forward to their goal of again competing for a state championship as the Raiders defeated Millburn, 100.5-69.5, on Tuesday at the Fanwood-Scotch Plains YMCA.
The Raiders won the first first six races of the meet. Senior Eric Chang led off the victorious 200 Medley Relay, won the 200 IM, and swam on the winning 200 Freestyle Relay. Sophomore Josh Cohen anchored the 200 Medley Relay and won both the 50 Freestyle and the 100 Backstroke.
- 200 Medley Relay: Chang-Rash-Shao-Cohen, Scotch Plains-Fanwood, 1:42.07
- 200 Freestyle: Chris Bondarowicz, Scotch Plains-Fanwood, 1:50.26
- 200 IM: Eric Chang, Scotch Plains-Fanwood, 2:03.98
- 50 Freestyle: Josh Cohen, Scotch Plains-Fanwood, 23.05
- 100 Butterfly: Alan Shao, Scotch Plains-Fanwood, 54.32
- 100 Freestyle: Nick Heath, Scotch Plains-Fanwood, 51.02
- 500 Freestyle: Evan Ng, Millburn, 5:01.27
- 200 Freestyle Relay: Heath-Kenny-Chang-Bondarowicz, Scotch Plains-Fanwood, 1:35.47
- 100 Backstroke: Josh Cohen, Scotch Plains-Fanwood, 58.74
- 100 Breaststroke: Eric Wang, Millburn, 1:00.68
- 400 Freestyle Relay: Silbert-Zhu-ElShaer-Ng, Millburn, 3:39.41
With the victory, the Raiders will square off against Summit on Thursday, Feb. 16 at FSPY.