KINGSTON, RI -- The University of Rhode Island has announced that eight of its undergraduate students that have qualified for the Spring 2017 Dean's List are from Scotch Plains.
The following local students were named to URI’s Dean's List:
- Danielle Rose Galasso of Scotch Plains
- Tyler Preston Sorrentino of Scotch Plains
- Lauren Elizabeth Szpond of Scotch Plains
- Timothy Scott Mitchell of Scotch Plains
- Nicole Silverman of Scotch Plains
- Dannielle Farrall of Scotch Plains
- Shannon Patrice Costello of Scotch Plains
- Jessica S Florendo of Scotch Plains
To be included on the Dean's List, full-time students must have completed 12 or more credits for letter grades during a semester and achieved at least a 3.30 quality point average. Part-time students qualify with the accumulation of 12 or more credits for letter grades earning at least a 3.30 quality point average.
The University of Rhode Island's pioneering research extends the University's influence well beyond its coastal borders, while its unique interdisciplinary courses provide its 16,637 undergraduate and graduate students with global opportunities in an intimate environment. In May 2017, more than 3,300 undergraduate and about 700 graduate degrees were awarded. The University now has more than 120,000 alumni worldwide.