FANWOOD, NJ -- Downtown businesses in Fanwood are gearing up for two of the busiest days of the year: Black Friday and Small Business Saturday.
Many local businesses are offering discounts as the holiday shopping season begins. Additionally, the Borough of Fanwood has organized a pop-up store to showcase the products of home-based businesses in a retail setting on Saturday, Nov. 25, "Small Business Saturday," at the former site of Be Craftful (250 South Ave. with entrance on S. Martine Ave.).
"We have organized the pop-up shop to help support local home-based businesses and continue creating events to draw people downtown to patronize local stores, begin holiday shopping, and grab a bite to eat," said Liz Jeffery, Fanwood's downtown development consultant. "Many of Fanwood’s local businesses will be offering special discounts and promotions on Small Business Saturday."
- Enchantments will offer 20% off on Christmas ornaments, plus the first 50 customers will receive a FREE holiday greeting card with purchases.
- Fanwood Grille will be sampling some of its famous soups and running a special on gift certificates: buy a $25 gift certificate for a friend of loved one and receive a $5 certificate for yourself!
- Fanwood Eye Care will be giving away gift bags, as well as 20% off glasses and special promotions on select designer glasses.
- Rocko’s Ice Cream making special balloon animals and shapes for the kids.
- Sheelan’s Crossing will have Happy Hour specials for those who are tired of Thanksgiving leftovers.
Pop-up store participants:
- thirty-one gifts
- Beauty Counter
- Fanwood Grille
- Hospitality 10 Card
- LuLaRoe ("Where fashion meets comfort")
- J.Ciro Designs
- Wildtree Organic Products