RED BANK -- The Fanwood Scotch Plains YMCA Swim Team placed 6th overall in the NJ YMCA 13 & Over State Championship on March 9-12 in Red Bank.
- Josh Cohen – 1st place 1650 Free, 1st place 500 Free, 2nd place 1000 Free, 8th place 400 IM, 6th place 100 Fly, 8th place 200 Fly.
- Chris Bondarowicz – 1st place 100 Breast, 1st place 400 IM, 6th place 500 Free, 2nd place 200 Yard IM, 1st place 200 Breast.
- Logan D’Amore – 2nd place 1650 Free, 3rd place 200 Free, 5th place 1000 Free, 5th place 500 Free, 11th place 100 Free, 12th place 200 Free.
- Alan Shao – 4th place 1650 Free, 4th place 200 fly, 5th place 400 IM, 10th place 100 Fly, 14th place 200 IM, 14th place 200 Back.
- Nick Heath – 10th place 50 Free.
- John Piccinic – 14th place 50 Free.
- Brody Rash – 11th place 100 Breast and 12th place 200 Breast.
- Eric Chang – 13th place 100 Back.
- Cohen, Heath, Piccinic and Rash placed 3rd in the 200 Yard Free Relay;
- Bondarowicz, Chang, Cohen and Shao placed 5th in the 400 Medley Relay; and
- D’Amore, Julian Park, Heath and Cohen placed 5th in the 400 Free Relay.
- Rachel Maizes – 1st place 100 Breast and 7th place 200 Breast.
- Marlise Moesch – 2nd place 200 Free, 4th place 200 IM, 4th place 50 Free, 6th place 100 Free, 7thplace 100 Back and 16th place 100 Fly.
- Julie Stankiewicz – 2nd place 1000 Free, 15th place 100 Breast and 15th place 100 Back.
- Darlene Fung – 2nd place 100 Free, 4th Place 100 Back, 6th place 400 IM, and 6th place 200 IM.
- Monika Burzynski – 8th place 100 Back, 7th place 200 Fly, 2nd place 100 Fly and 14th place 100 Free.
- DeeDee Maizes – 10th place 100 Free, 12th place 1650 Free, 14th place 500 Free, 16th place 200 Free.
- Fung, R. Maizes, Burzynski and Moesch finished in 1st place for both the 200 Medley Relay and 400 Medley Relay.
- Burzynski, R. Maizes, Moesch and Megan Small finished 1st in the 200 Free Relay
- Burzynski, Fung, D. Maizes and Moesch finished 2nd in the 400 Free Relay.
Boys: 13-14 Boys
- Matthew Chen placed 14th in the 50 Free.
- Michelle Kong took 11th place 200 Fly and 13th place 100 Fly.
- Martha Lewand, Rachel Small, Marcelina Krowinska and Bree Dy finished 7th in the 200 Yard Free Relay,
- Small, Dy, Kong and Lewand took 9th in the 200 Yard Medley Relay.
Several swimmers qualified for the 2017 YMCA Short Course Nationals, which will be held April 3-7 in Greensboro, NC.
The Y is the nation's leading nonprofit committed to strengthening communities through youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. For information on membership or programs, or to request a schedule of classes, call the Y at (908) 889-8880 or visit www.fspymca.org. Financial assistance is available for those who qualify.