SCOTCH PLAINS-FANWOOD, NJ – Something old, something new... Girl Scouts in Central New Jersey have officially launched their annual cookie sale, and this year it will be easier than ever to get old favorites, such as Thin Mints, and new favorites, including Lemonades™ (savory slices of shortbread with a refreshingly tangy lemon-flavored icing).
Family and friends of the Scouts can now order their favorite Girl Scout Cookies online. While there won’t be a publicly accessible website, all cookie sales must be generated through an invitation from a Scout that will include a link to order the cookies and the sales will be credited to the individual seller.
This new initiative of online cookie sales was implemented as an opportunity for the Scouts to learn new skills and broaden their markets in a generation driven by advances in technology. It’s not a substitute for the traditional sales methods, but simply another way for the Scouts to make sales. Sales end on Sunday, April 26. Locally, more than one million boxes of cookies were sold by Scouts last year with Thin Mints and Samoas leading the charts.
2015 Cookie Selection:
- Thin Mints (round, mint-flavored cookies with a delicious chocolaty coating)
- Caramel deLites®/Samoas® (caramel and toasted coconut-covered cookies)
- Peanut Butter Patties®/Tagalongs® (cookies with alayer of peanut butter with a rich chocolaty coating)
- Do-si-dos® (crisp, peanut butter sandwich cookie made with crunchy oatmeal and a creamy peanut butter inside)
- Cranberry Citrus Crisps (crispy cookied made with whole grain, full of tangy cranberry bits and zesty citrus flavor.
- Lemonades™ (tangy lemon-icing-topped shortbread cookies)
- Savannah Smiles® (zesty, lemon-flavored cookies dusted with powdered sugar)
- Thanks-A-Lot® (embossed “Thank You” tasty shortbread cookies with fudge on the bottom)
- Toffee-tastic™ (indulgently rich, buttery cookies with sweet, crunchy golden toffee bits; gluten-free variety offered only in select markets for as long as supplies last.)
- Trios (chocolate Chips nestled in a gluten free peanut butter oatmeal cookie; gluten-free Trios available in some markets)