FANWOOD, NJ - Scotch Plains-Fanwood district schools will be closed for the fifth time this winter due on Thursday.
Fanwood Mayor Colleen Mahr and Chief of Police Richard Trigo have jointly issued this message to residents:
The National Weather Service has issued another Winter Storm Warning for us starting tonight, Wednesday, February 12, midnight, through Friday, February 14, at 6 a.m.
Residents should be prepared for heavy snow beginning Thursday morning early, making the rush hour a mess, followed by rain and more snow lasting most of the day. As a result:
- Union County offices will have a delayed opening at 10 a.m. Thursday, Feb. 13.
- Fanwood municipal court will be closed Thursday night, Feb. 13. Cases are rescheduled for March 6. More weather/safety information:
- Please stay off the roads unless absolutely necessary.
- Please park off-street wherever possible.
- It is recommended that you not shovel the last five to ten feet of your driveway until snowfall has ceased and your street has been plowed curb to curb. Shovel snow to the right of your driveway so plows can move it away.
- Do not shovel or blow snow into streets.
- In the event of a power outage or downed line, call PSE&G's customer hotline, 800-436-PSEG. Never touch a downed wire.
- Keep a flashlight with fresh batteries on hand.
- If you smell gas, or to report a gas leak, call Elizabethtown Gas, 800-492-4009.
- Please check up on elderly neighbors.
- To report potentially dangerous situations on a non-emergency basis, call Fanwood Police at 908-322-5000.
- The Fanwood Police Department, Fire Department and Rescue Squad are ready to respond to any emergency. In the event of a true emergency, call 911.