SCOTCH PLAINS/FANWOOD, NJ -- Storms in the area today could cause power outages. PSE&G said in a press release that it is prepared for the thunderstorms and strong winds forecasted for the service area today and throughout the week.
This storm system is expected to be severe, with wind gusts up to 65 mph and an isolated tornado risk.
“While PSE&G is prepared to restore storm outages as safely and quickly as possible, we encourage customers to contact us if they experience an outage,” said Jack Bridges, PSE&G’s VP for Electric Operations. “PSE&G has sufficient crews available today and through the night to respond to any service interruptions that may occur.”
Pay attention to forecasts and travel carefully
Report outages immediately: http://bit.ly/2Y9Ytev
NEVER touch downed power lines
What you can do now:
- Be ready to communicate about your situation.
- Make sure you have a family emergency plan.
- Charge your phones, tablets, power backups and other mobile devices.
- If your mobile service provides a “hotspot” for areas without internet access, learn how to use it.
- Review more storm preparation tips at https://nj.pseg.com/safetyandreliability/stormsafety.
Connected with PSE&G:
- Compile a list of emergency phone numbers; include PSE&G Customer Service 1-800-436-PSEG.
- Go to pseg.com/myaccount to sign up to report outages online and to check restoration progress.
- Go to pseg.com/outagecenter to check the “Outage Map,” which is updated every 15 minutes with PSE&G outage information, and to register for MyAlerts to receive text notifications.
- You can report an outage by texting “OUT” to 4PSEG (47734) or via Alexa.
- The new PSE&G mobile app enables customers using Apple or Android devices to securely and easily manage their accounts when and where the customers want to be served.
- “Like” PSEG on Facebook and follow PSEG on Twitter @PSEGdelivers.