SCOTCH PLAINS, NJ -- New Jersey Department of Transportation (NJDOT) officials today announced the closure of the Route 22 westbound ramp to Glenside Avenue this week for a resurfacing project in Scotch Plains.
From 9:00 a.m. until 3:30 p.m., Wednesday through Friday, Nov. 8 -10, the Route 22 westbound ramp to Glenside Ave. will be closed for milling and paving on Glenside Ave. The following detour will be in place:
Route 22 westbound ramp to Glenside Avenue detour:
- Motorists on Route 22 westbound will be directed to continue to the next exit for New Providence Road/I-78
- Continue on Bonnie Burn Road
- Bear right at the first light onto New Providence Road
- Continue as New Providence Road turns into Diamond Hill Road
- Turn right onto Valley Road/CR 527
- Continue as Valley Road turns into Sky Top Drive
- Make a right onto Glenside Avenue
Variable message signs and ramp closure signs will be utilized throughout the project limits to provide advance notification to motorists of all traffic pattern changes associated with the resurfacing project. Throughout the project, NJDOT will provide information before upcoming road closures.
The precise timing of the work is subject to change due to weather or other factors. Motorists are encouraged to check NJDOT's traffic information website www.511nj.org for real-time travel information and for NJDOT news follow us on Twitter @NJDOT_info.