SCOTCH PLAINS, NJ -- The 2015 Fall Recreation brochure is now available online and features a wide variety of programs from tennis, to Lego classes, adult fitness and the popular youth basketball program.
Highlights of the Scotch Plains Recreation Department offerings:
- Youth Basketball (Grades 3 - 8): Registration begins Sept. 9 and ends on Oct. 16th
- Fall Tennis (Ages 5- 14): Run by US Sports Institute at Kramer Manor Park
- LEGO Robotics: WeDO (Grades K-2nd) and Mindstorms (Grades 3-8): Students will learn to design, program, and control fully functional robotic models.
- Adult Tennis
- Adult Fitness Bootcamp
- Senior Exercise Programs (Classes held in the Towne House at Green Forest Park)
- Senior Dance Fitness (Cardio dance moves)
- Senior Yoga (Bring your own mat)
- Line Dancing
- Free Theater Workshop for Kids with Special Needs (Monday, Oct. 12)