SCOTCH PLAINS – SPFK12 Superintendent of Schools Dr. Margaret Hayes, presented her "Opening of Schools" report for the 2018-19 academic year at the Board of Education meeting on Thursday, Sept. 20, 2018.
Among the highlights of the report:
- 5,626 students attend the eight schools in the district, a slight increase from last year’s total of 5,584 students.
- The district added 28 new iMACS for the Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School media center and 14 Chromebook carts at the middle school level for use in science, mathematics, technology and health classes.
- Ceilings and light fixtures were replaced in the nurse’s and attendance offices, air conditioning added to some sections, and a new range and hood were installed at SPFHS.
- The high school parking lot was paved, and new sidewalks installed at Evergreen and Coles Elementary Schools.
- Roofing replacement was done at Coles, McGinn, Park and Terrill.
- New flooring was installed in parts of Terrill Middle School, and a new stove and ovens were added in the school's kitchen.
- Stained glass in Park Middle School’s auditorium repaired and cleaned.
Dr. Hayes also reported that each school in the district now has a special school safety officer. The officers were introduced to the teachers and staff at each school before the year began.
To read Dr. Hayes's report in its entirety, click here.
|Out of District/Bedside||90||84|