SCOTCH PLAINS-FANWOOD, NJ - The Scotch Plains-Fanwood Parent Teacher Association (PTA), in their effort to promote artistic creativity in the classroom and at home, designed a student recognition program. Students in grades K-12 reflected on this year's chosen theme of "What is your story?" and submitted their interpretations of the theme in one of the following artistic areas: dance choreography, film production, literature, music composition, photography and visual arts.
The following students received a Certificate of Participation from the Union County PTA for their submissions:
- Isobel Bruce - 4th grade at Brunner School
- Aditi Gokhale - 2nd grade at Coles School
- Taylor Murray - 2nd grade at Coles School (2nd consecutive year Taylor has been recognized for her music composition)
- Emma Telepis - 3rd grade at Coles School
- Luca DiMeglio - 3rd grade at Coles School
- Ava Khan - 4th grade at Coles School
- Mitav Mehta - 2nd grade at McGinn School
- Kevin Wright - 3rd grade at School One
- Emily Colasanti - 5th grade at Terrill Middle School
- Kayla Fiore - 5th grade at Terrill Middle School (received county recognition for her music entry for 3rd consecutive year)
The following students were recognized by the State PTA for their creative entries.
- Briana McGowan - 11th grade at Scotch Plains-Fanwood High School, received an "Honorable Mention Award"
- Ellie Agnello - 4th grade at Coles School, received an "Award of Merit"
- Ryan Agnello - 8th grade at Terrill Middle School, received an "Award of Excellence"
Agnello's achievement marks the fifth year that his film production has been recognized by Union County and the State of New Jersey.