SCOTCH PLAINS, NJ – The Scotch Plains Public Library (1927 Bartle Ave.) will be hosting a free career networking presentation that is open to the community on Mon., Nov. 10 at 6:30 p.m.
The program will feature a discussion led by Mary Anne Kochut, Managing Director of Champions for Success LLC and has been teaching and training executives, business people, and students in the characteristics of effective leadership and career development for over 20 years. Kochut recently authored the book Power vs. Perception: Ten Critical Characteristics of Self-Empowerment for Women.
The presentation will provide an overview of the behaviors that an effective job seeker needs to master and emulate in attaining self-empowerment while in the job search. It provides a review of the different types of power that all individuals possess and how to apply them effectively.
Attendees of the presentation will learn how to:
· Understand the characteristics of an effective leader and why they are critical when in job transition
· Describe the types of power bestowed upon individuals and how power is perceived in society and organizations
· Understand the concept of resiliency, the behaviors associated with the Ten Characteristics, and why they are important when job searching
· Determine which areas you need to develop in your personal plan for self-empowerment during and after your job search
· Recognize some of the negative stereotypes that are projected onto job seekers both in organizations and in society as a whole
For those who are interested in the career networking event or for more information, call the Scotch Plains Public Library at 908-322-5007 Ext. 204.