SCOTCH PLAINS, NJ -- The Scotch Plains Mayors Wellness Health and Wellness Fair featuring a variety of health and wellness experts will take place this Saturday, Oct. 14, starting at 10:00 a.m.
The event will take place on the Alan Augustine Green, located next to Town Hall (430 Park Ave.). Everything will take place outside on the Green with the exception of the Flu Shots (administered by Rahway Health Department), which will be held inside in the Council Chambers.
The Health Fair itself runs from 10:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. Some highlights for this year are:
- Rahway Health Department will administer 125 flu shots
- Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital Rahway will offer bystander CPR demonstrations and information about heart health.
- RWJ Rahway Fitness & Wellness Center will do grip strength and flexibility screenings
- Union County Traffic Safety will hold a Bike Helmet Raffle and do car seat inspections
- Atlantic Health will take blood pressure checks and talk about breast health
- ShopRite will hand out healthy snacks
- Functional Performance Therapy will be do movement evaluations and screenings
- Resolve House will discuss mental health
"We ask that everyone join us for the Play for P.I.N.K Breast Cancer Walk prior to the Fair," said Recreation Director Matt Mercurio. "Registration for the walk is at 8:30 a.m., warm up (provided by the Fanwood-Scotch Plains YMCA) will start at 8:45 a.m., and the one mile walk with start at 9:00 a.m. Come out and walk for a great cause!"