SCOTCH PLAINS, NJ -- At the Scotch Plains Downtown Committee meeting on Wednesday, Jan. 10, Mayor Al Smith announced that he will provide details on the Township's affordable housing settlement. at the next Council meeting next Tuesday.
"It will have a major impact on the town," according to Mayor Smith.
Also at the Redevelopment meeting, which was live-streamed on Facebook, the mayor announced the names of the town officials, business leaders and resident liaisons who will serve on the 2018 Redevelopment Committee:
Town Council Members
Sign Up for E-News
- Mayor Al Smith (Chairman)
- Deputy Mayor Llewellyn Jones (Vice Chairman)
- Al Mirabella, Township Manager/Tom Strowe, Project Coordinator for Redevelopment (Secretary)
- Bob LaCosta, Construction Official
- Jeff Lehrer, Redevelopment Attorney
- Victor Vinegra and Mike Mistretta, Planners
- Paulette Coronato, Class IV Planning Board Member
- Dr. Frank Di Lollo
- Joe Mortarulo
- Steve Goldberg
- Anthony Martucci
- Nick Novello
- Tom Read
- Geraldine Keogh
- Carla Kelly
- Luisa Bianco
- Colleen Gialanella
- Michael Alvarez
- Camaal Benoit
- John Greenblatt
- Ernesto Cerimele
Tom Strowe, the Scotch Plains Project Coordinator for Redevelopment, presented a summary report that he prepared for the Downtown Redevelopment Committee. Strowe recapped key results of a survey conducted in the fall and articulated goals, including increasing business growth downtown, fulfilling affordable housing requirements, tackling parking issues, and the possible re-purposing of the Town Hall as a community center.
To view the video of the meeting, click here.