NEW JERSEY - The Small Business Administration is looking for the best business owners in New Jersey. The organization is now accepting nominations for the Small Business Administration's 2018 New Jersey Business Person of the Year and 12 other awards.
Business owners in Scotch Plains-Fanwood and throughout New Jersey are invited to apply for:
- Small Business Person of the Year Award,
- Small Business Exporter of the Year,
- Phoenix Award for Small Business Disaster Recovery,
- Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery (Public Official), Phoenix Award for Outstanding Contributions to Disaster Recovery (Volunteer),
- Federal Procurement Award-Small Business Prime Contractor of the Year Award,
- Federal Procurement Award-Small Business Subcontractor of the Year Award,
- Federal Procurement Award - Dwight D. Eisenhower Award for Excellence,
- 8(a) Graduate of the Year Award,
- Small Business Development Center Excellence and Innovation Award,
- Veterans Business Outreach Center Excellence in Service Award,
- Women's Business Center of the Year Excellence Award,
- Jody C. Raskind Lender of the Year, and
- Small Business Investment Company of the Year.
“Since 1963, National Small Business Week has recognized the outstanding achievements of America’s small businesses for their contributions to their local communities, and to our nation’s economy,” said SBA New Jersey District Director Al Titone. “We are looking for the best and brightest small business owners, who have benefited from SBA programs and services around New Jersey, to submit their Small Business Week 2018 award nominations to the SBA.”
All nominations must be submitted no later than 3 p.m. EST, Tuesday, Jan. 9, 2018. All nomination packages may only be hand delivered or mailed to an SBA Office. Email submissions of SBA Awards forms will not be accepted as they contain personally identifiable information (PII).
Nominations may be mailed to the U.S. Small Business Administration, New Jersey District Office, 2 Gateway Center, Suite 1501- Newark, NJ 07102. Attn: Harry Menta.
The dedicated website www.sba.gov/nsbw/awards has the necessary forms, criteria and guidelines for submitting a nomination package.