COLLEGE PARK, MD -- FSPY's Josh Cohen has three top 10 finishes -- a victory in the 200 Meter Freestyle, second in the 1500 meter Freestyle, and seventh in the 200 Backstroke -- at the YMCA Long Course Championships during the first two days of competition in College Park, MD. The results were new team records.
In other Top 10 performances, the Men's 200 Meter Freestyle Relay Team (John Piccinic, Logan D'Amore, Darian Betances, and Josh Cohen) finished 5th overall. Darlene Fung placed sixth in the 100 Meter Butterfly, and Logan D'Amore, finished 8th in the 200 Meter Freestyle.
Other notable performances:
- Men's 400 Meter Medley Relay Team (Michael Botting, Darian Betances, Julian Park and Logan D'Amore), which came in 15th place.
- Darien Betances placed 16th in the 50 Meter Breaststroke.
- Women's 200 Meter Medley Relay Team (Darlene Fung, Lily Hughes, Abby Di Giorgio and Cloe Howell) came in 16th place.
- Abby Di Giorgio placed 21st in the 50 Meter Breaststroke.
- Darian Betances, who placed 23rd in the men's 200 Meter Breaststroke.
"Josh is now the 200 Free National Champion with a new team record, and shout out to Logan (D'Amore) for placing 8th in his first A final," said Coach Chris Karelus. "A big congrats to Lily (Hughes) and Chloe (Howell) on their first finals swim joining Abby and Darlene for a 16th place finish in the 200 Medley Relay."
Updates will continue throughout the week.