SCOTCH PLAINS/FANWOOD, NJ – After six days of darkness, no heat and plummeting temperatures, it is more important than ever to have a place to go for assistance.
Local residents can go to the following places:
- Fanwood/Scotch Plains YMCA on Martine will be open until 5pm today Sunday 11-04-12 for anyone who wishes to use their showers. They will be open tomorrow Monday 11-05-12 from 5am to 5 pm also for showering
- Scotch Plains Police Station – open for charging
- Scotch Plains Country Club - open for warming from 12 to 4 pm
- Scotch Plains - Marion Jewelers, 447 Park Ave
RWJ Rahway Fitness & Wellness Center is opening its doors as space permits for the next two weeks to anyone in Scotch Plains and the immediate Union County region inconvenienced by Hurricane Sandy to use our Center for a workout, shower, and power. Visit our website at www.rwjrahwayfitness.com for information regarding hours of operation. Call (908) 232-6100 for more information.
- FANWOOD CHARGING STATIONS/WARMING STATIONS HOURS EXTENDED
· Fanwood Memorial Library, North Avenue and Tillotson Road (9AM-9PM, 20 minute limit, wifi
· Fanwood Rescue Squad, 123 Watson Road (9AM-9PM, 40 minute limit)
· Chelsea Senior Living, 295 South Avenue (9AM-8PM, warming only)
- Those seeking a warm place to escape the cold are strongly urged to go to the Union County shelter at the Cranford Community Center, 220 Walnut Street, Cranford. Bring your own blanket, pillow and any medications. Pets are welcome. If you need help with transport, contact Borough Hall at 908-322-8236 or the police non-emergency number at 908-322-5000.