A MESSAGE FROM MAYOR COLLEEN MAHR
I have been in contact with the American Water Company and am told that repairs to the broken water main should be finished by the end of today (Wednesday). A complete update from Bill Walsh, VP of Government Affairs for American Water, follows below. I would like to express my sincere thanks to the Fanwood Police Department and the Fanwood Department of Public Works for their quick response to this incident Tuesday and their continued work at the site through the night into today. I would like to thank all our residents for their patience in dealing with reduced water pressure and the all-around inconvenience caused by this incident. Here's the latest from Mr. Walsh at American Water:
- As of this morning, the system is in good shape. Tanks are within the normal range.
- Pressure is now near normal.
- In Fanwood, there were 6 leaks. Five have been repaired as of this morning.
- Our contractor was delayed by the thunder storm early this morning but was able to remove the broken length of 48" water main. The pipe inspection company performed an internal inspection of 200' of pipe. They found no issues, so no other lengths of pipe need to be removed. The contractor estimates the repair will be completed by this afternoon.
- We are working on a filling/flushing/sampling plan.
- The cleaning service is scheduled to return to the site today to complete any left over water/mud cleanup.