- Local taxes that have gone down or stayed flat for the last two years and most of the other four during my tenure.
- No "sweetheart" deals for developers, but state-approved tax incentives to encourage smart growth where abandoned, dilapidated or polluted land once sat; none of these projects is higher than four stories (no "high rises" by any standard!), none has had any effect on residential tax rates and all have led to our beautiful downtown. Our opponents are woefully uninformed on this subject.
- A commitment to volunteerism reflected in our volunteer boards, commissions, fire department, rescue squad and, oh yes, our mayor and council who work for a dollar a year and no benefits.
- A personal commitment to our senior citizens' welfare by six-term Councilwoman Kathy Mitchell who presided over the hiring of our new Senior Program Coordinator.
- Long overdue attention to our 80-year old sanitary sewer system with the creation of a sewer utility that we all have to pay for. Better we deal with it now at a relatively low cost than wait for a disaster and spend even more. Other communities around us do the same thing.
Letters to the Editor
Choose Fanwood Column A, The Mahr Team, for Honesty and Integrity
The opinions expressed herein are the writer's alone, and do not reflect the opinions of TAPinto.net or anyone who works for TAPinto.net. TAPinto.net is not responsible for the accuracy of any of the information supplied by the writer. Click here to submit a Letter to the Editor.