WATCHUNG, NJ -- With NBA and NHL games, NCAA March Madness, and MLB spring training canceled, Broadway stages gone dark, and museums shut, entertainment options have dwindled because of the Coronavirus.
If you feel as if the ways to have fun have been taken away, take heart instead. You can still head to the movies at Cinemark Watchung on Route 22 this weekend.
Mark Zoradi, the CEO of Cinemark Theatres, has announced the precautions that his theaters are taking in order for guests and employees to feel safe and enjoy an escape to the movies.
Dear Valued Guest,
Given global concerns regarding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), I wanted to personally reach out and share the extra precautions Cinemark is taking to keep our guests and employees safe and allow them to keep enjoying the movies at Cinemark with confidence.
We are carefully monitoring the recommendations of governmental health agencies, such as the Center for Disease Control (CDC) and local health organizations, and we have further elevated our stringent cleaning and sanitation protocol. Here are some examples of what we are doing:
- Disinfecting high-touch hard surfaces throughout the theatre hourly, such as door handles, box office and concession counters, ticket kiosks, handrails and faucets
- Enhancing deep cleaning every night in all auditoriums, including armrests, cup holders and buttons, in addition to cleaning auditoriums after each show time
- Increasing the deployment of anti-bacterial hand sanitizers within our theatres
- Modifying our policy on refillable concessions, which we will continue to honor but with new disposable containers
- Educating our staff on COVID-19 symptoms as well as preventative measures
- Instructing employees to wash their hands a minimum of hourly, which has been proven by the CDC to be the most effective preventative measure
- Recommending that those who are not feeling well to stay home to prevent the spread of germs
There is no denying that COVID-19 has had an impact on our communities. Rest assured, Cinemark remains in close contact with governmental health agencies and is taking the proper precautions as this situation evolves.
Thank you for your long-term trust in Cinemark. Our dedicated employees and guests have been at the center of our business since we opened our first theatre in 1984, and we remain committed to offering you a safe and enjoyable entertainment environment.
Thank you for being our loyal customer,
Chief Executive Officer