SCOTCH PLAINS, NJ – The Royal Stage School of Music announced the Community Orchestra - Summer Session will begin on June 27. Classes are offered for complete beginners to advanced students interested in playing the violin, viola, cello or base. Ensembles for more advanced students are offered by audition or invitation only. Mommy and Me classes are also available.
“The Royal Stage School of Music inspires children and adults through the love of music, and encourages students to carry out good works as a way to strengthen and give back to our community,” said Hsin-Ting Feng, director, Royal Stage School of Music. “Our goal is to build bridges within communities near and far through the use of music. We will raise money and contribute to one organization every performance.”
Beginner to Advanced Ensembles
The following ensembles will be offered in the Summer Orchestra Session for ages 8-adult:
- Angels (Level 1) – For students who are COMPLETE BEGINNERS interested in learning how to play the violin, viola, cello, or bass. Students will learn how to hold the instrument, play the instrument, read music and perform as an ensemble. Orchestra Expressions Book 1 & 2 is required.
- Concert Orchestra (Level 2) -- For students who can read notes, understand basic bowings, play one octave scales, and had at least one year of experience on the violin, viola, cello, or bass.
- Sinfonia (Level 3) -- Intermediate-advanced ensemble for students who can demonstrate vibrato, understand at least third position, perform two to three octave scales, understand advanced bowing techniques, and have at least three years of experience on the violin, viola, cello, or bass. AUDITION REQUIRED. New students- please sign up for Concert Orchestra and attend the first rehearsal as your audition. Former students who participated in Sinfonia may sign up.
- Philharmonic (Level 4) -- Prestigious ensemble by invitation of the Instructor only.
Royal Stage School of Music is also offering Mommy and Me Classes:
- First Steps In Music will be taught by Kaitlyn Reiser, Scotch Plains Fanwood Music Teacher.
- Mommy and Me Group keyboard Classes: Children age 4-5 may participate in Mommy and Me Keyboard Class.
Hsin-Ting Feng is director of the nationally-recognized Highland Park High School Orchestra. She has extensive background in conducting and performing music, and has taught elementary and high school students, as well as adults. Her orchestras have performed at Carnegie Hall and Lincoln Center. She has a Bachelor of Music Degree with Distinction in Music Education and Piano and Violin from the Eastman School of Music, and a Master of Music Degree in Music Education from Eastman.
For more information, visit http://www.royalstageschoolofmusic.com/.