UNION COUNTY, NJ – Dawn McDonald of Scotch Plains, is among the recipients of the 2019 Women of Excellence Awards. Eleven Union County women were cited for their outstanding contributions at the Jan. 24 meeting of the Union County Board of Chosen Freeholders.
“For 27 years, the Freeholder Board has recognized women among us who lead, serve, and inspire. Today it is more important than ever to raise awareness about the influence of women in every sphere of the Union County community, from business and legal affairs to public service and education,” said Freeholder Chair Bette Jane Kowalski. “These awards recognize the contributions made by women who make a positive difference in the quality of life for everyone in the County.”
The women recognized for their accomplishments by the Union County Commission on the Status of Women are:
- Amy Cairns of Summit, Government Service
- Antoinietta LaVecchia of Summit, Business/Community Activist
- Clea Carchia of Elizabeth, Arts/Graphic Design
- Dawn McDonald of Scotch Plains, Education
- Dr. Julia Grimes of Westfield, Medicine/Health & Wellness
- Iliana Chevres of Elizabeth, Special Needs Advocacy
- Kay Coats Macrae of Springfield, Theater Arts
- Marlene Olson Hamm of Rahway, Environmental Advocacy
- Mary Zimmermann of Summit, Lifetime Achievement
- Michele Dabal of New Providence, Humanitarian Activities
- Sandra Jackson of Linden, Youth Advocacy
The awardees will be honored at the annual Women of Excellence Gala Awards Dinner, to be held on March 29, 2019, at the Gran Centurions in Clark. Each awardee will be presented with an engraved Women of Excellence plaque and a Freeholder Resolution in their honor recognizing their impact on the Union County community.
The Women of Excellence awards are sponsored by the Freeholder Board and the Union County Commission on the Status of Women, with the Union County Office on Women.
For any questions or to get more information about the Women of Excellence awards program, contact Elizabeth Sebring, Union County Department of Human Services, at 908-527-4890 or email@example.com or Jen Erdos, Secretary to the Commission on the Status of Women, at 908-527-4216 or firstname.lastname@example.org.