SCOTCH PLAINS/FANWOOD, NJ -- As the year comes to an end, TAPintoSPF is taking a look at the biggest stories of 2019. Today, we revisit the top Community Life stories of the year.
- Fanwood was voted the Best Small Town by New Jersey Monthly magazine.
- The community honored local veterans with Hometown Heroes banners.
- The St. Bart's Festival again drew big crowds, as it does every summer.
- A Scotch Plains police officer saved a life at the EEF Foundation fundraiser.
- High school students looked their best at the Scotch Plains-Fanwood HS Senior Prom and Junior Prom.
- A $150,000 Lottery Ticket was sold in Scotch Plains.
- A father remembered his son on the Anniversary of a Tragedy.
- B Street Band headlined Fanwood's Summer Fan Jam.
- The Batmobile came to Fanwood.
- Scenes from Halloween on Helen Street in Fanwood and the Coles Ave. Chili Contest.
- Scenes from Fanny Wood Day and Scotch Plains Day.
- A Fanwood resident described being in a tornado.
- Child sex abuse survivor Michael Mautone hosted an event at which survivors could tell their stories in Scotch Plains.
- Brigadier General Edward Chrystal named Grand Marshal of the 2020 Union Memorial Day Parade.
- The community mourned the loss of Renato Biribin, Beatrice Parker, and Fred Chemidlin.
- The Scotch Plains-Fanwood Ministerium hosted an interfaith Thanksgiving Service.
- Fanwood's Christmas House returned for the 2019 holiday season.
TAPintoSPF.net is Scotch Plains-Fanwood’s only free daily local news source. Sign up for our free daily eNewsletter and “Like” us on Facebook and twitter @SPF_TAP. Download the free TAPinto App for iPhone or Android.