SCOTCH PLAINS/FANWOOD, NJ – All this week, TAPintoSPF continues to look at the stories that defined 2018 in the Township of Scotch Plains and the Borough of Fanwood.
Below are just some of the Food highlights during the past year:
- The iconic Jade Isle restaurant closed in Scotch Plains after 47 years of operation.
- Fanwood Grille was named Best Soup in New Jersey by foodie website The Daily Meal.
- The Scotch Plains Farmers Market celebrated its 26th anniversary hosted the second annual Farm to Table gala to benefit Operation Chillout, which helps homeless veterans.
- Sheelen's Fish Market opened in Fanwood.
- The Dessert Ladies found new success.
- Nick's Pizza tapped into a new market with the introduction of gluten-free pizza.
- The Hot Dog Nation Tour of New Jersey selected Fanwood Grille as one of only six stops on its annual tour in September.
- FanJam Music and Food Truck Festival returned to Fanwood.
- Florence Ravioli in Scotch Plains changed hands.