SCOTCH PLAINS/FANWOOD, NJ -- As the year comes to an end, TAPintoSPF is taking a look at the biggest stories of 2019. Today, we revisit the top Food stories of the year.
- The iconic Snuffy's catering hall in Scotch Plains will close and become a Lidl supermarket.
- Fanwood gets a grocery store: The Fanwood Larder.
- Maria's Pizza closes in Scotch Plains.
- Theresa's Restaurant closes in Westfield.
- Giovanna's Italian Restaurant was torn down to make way for a Wawa in Plainfield.
- Microbrewery set to open in Westfield.
- Kenilworth's Blackthorn Irish Pub closed.
- Havana Mia Cuban Restaurant Opens in Scotch Plains.
- Krispy Kreme opens in Springfield.
- Vine Ripe Markets closed in Westfield.
- Jessica's Cafe opens to great reviews in Plainfield.
TAPintoSPF.net is Scotch Plains-Fanwood’s only free daily local news source. Sign up for our free daily eNewsletter and “Like” us on Facebook and twitter @SPF_TAP. Download the free TAPinto App for iPhone or Android.