ELIZABETH, NJ -- The Union County Freeholders voted in favor of increases for themselves, several department heads, and County Manager Ed Oatman with the passage of Ordinance 812-2019 on Thursday, Dec. 19, 2019.
Union County Freeholders are now paid $33,466 with the chair earning an extra $2,000 annually and the vice chair earning an extra $1,000 annually. Additionally, the Freeholders have voted to create full-time aides positions (Ordinance 811-2019). Freeholder is a part-time elected position.
The following County employees are receiving 2% increases, with the exception of County Manager Ed Oatman, whose increase is 5%.
- Director of Corrections Ronald L. Charles ($135,660)
- Director of Parks & Recreation Ronald Zuber ($139,792)
- Director of Human Services Debbie-Ann Anderson ($139,391)
- Director of Public Safety Andrew Moran ($142,272)
- Director of Administrative Services Laura Scutari ($142,008)
- Director of Engineering, Public Works & Facilities Joseph A. Graziano Sr. ($153,154)
- Director of Finance/County Treasurer/CCFO Bibi Taylor ($156,622)
- Director of Economic Development/Deputy County Manager Amy Wagner ($160,543)
- County Counsel Robert E. Barry, Esq. ($179,996)
- County Manager Ed Oatman ($182,330)
Oatman, who lives in Woodbridge, was hired in 2018 after having served as Chief of Staff for State Senator Nick Scutari, the Union County Democratic Chair. Before that, he was the Chief of Staff for Assemblyman Jim Kennedy and for former Assemblywoman Linda Stender.