FANWOOD, NJ -- Mayor Colleen Mahr and the Borough of Fanwood will be providing updates on a regular basis as we continue to work through the ongoing concerns and blunt the spread of the Coronavirus (COVID-19).
"We encourage residents to check our website and social media for regular updates, our newsletter and tune into Fanwood's Public Access TV channel 35 on Comcast Channel 35 and on Channel 24 on Verizon," said Mayor Mahr.
Monday's regularly scheduled Mayor and Council meeting for 7:00 p.m. will continue as scheduled.
"While the meeting is open to the public, we are strongly encouraging residents to watch it live through our public access or on Facebook. The agenda is on our website," Mayor Mahr said. "We will also be streaming on Facebook Live. The Live stream will be an opportunity for residents to hear the necessary steps Fanwood is taking. The Westfield Health Department will be in attendance Monday night to review safety precautions and answer resident questions."
- SPFK12 schools remain closed until further notice. The Borough strongly advises against any play dates, social gatherings, and sleepovers. Residents are urged to follow the CDC's guidelines as it pertains to cleanliness and social distancing.
- Fanwood Memorial Library is closed until further notice. Visit the website for info on how we will assist the public during this time.
- All community-related activities and events are canceled until further notice.
- All Municipal Court sessions have been suspended from March 16 until March 27 as part of the efforts to contain the spread of COVID-19. Persons who are scheduled to appear before a Municipal Court to contest a traffic or parking ticket, or minor local ordinance violation should not appear and should await notice of a new court date.
- Fanwood's Municipal Court offices will remain open, and payments will continue to be accepted.
Borough Hall and the Police Department will remain open, but will be closed to the public. There is also a drop box located at the front of Borough Hall which can be utilized, as well as email and calls to contact borough administrators. For contact information, visit the Fanwood web page.
The Borough of Fanwood is a member of the Westfield Regional Board of Health and relies on the Board to provide the most up-to-date information.
TAPintoSPF.net is Scotch Plains-Fanwood’s only free daily local news source. Sign up for our free daily eNewsletter and “Like” us on Facebook and Twitter @SPF_TAP. Download the free TAPinto App for iPhone or Android.