FANWOOD, NJ -- After the Storm: A Message from Mayor Mahr and Chief Trigo
Fanwood residents came through the storm without any life threatening injuries. Residents are encouraged to please exercise extreme caution when walking or driving in the area, trees can still fall.
Several roads in the Borough are still closed due to downed wires and fallen trees, many of the fallen trees that are blocking roads have wires tangled in the trees, these wires may be live. In the event there are trees with wires tangled blocking roadways DPW is unable to plow the affected roads, these roads will be cleared as soon as possible. Please note, when PSE&G is untangling wires from a tree it will be necessary to temporarily turn off power from the area. These roads have been reported to PSEG.
Conditions outside are still very treacherous due to ice and heavy snow. Please be careful walking and shoveling out.
At 8:00 a.m., PSE&G reported that the Borough had approximately 280 homes without power. There are 22,000 homes without power in the central region which we are a part. PSE&G is deploying all resources including mutual aid into the area.
Mayor Mahr and Chief Trigo would like to express our sincere gratitude and thank all of our Police, Volunteer Fire, DPW and Volunteer Rescue Squad who were out all during the storm.
As of this morning, the following streets were closed in Fanwood:
- Ginder at Midway
- Forest Road from Portland to Montrose
- Montrose from Martine to Forest
- St. John’s Place from Pleasant to Woodruff
- Midblock of Deborah Way
- Byron Lane
- Farley at Stewart
- Russell by Paterson
- Forest Road from Midway to Watson Road
- Watson Road to Forest Road
- Midway from Tillotson to Shasta Pass
- North Avenue between Farley and Hunter
- Locust Avenue by Old South Avenue
- Helen Street from LaGrande Avenue to Vinton Circle (North)
- Herbert between Martine and Second
- Macleennan by South Martine
- Burns Way between Second and Helen Street
- Poplar betwwen Klanecki and Winfield
- Terrill between Kempshall & Gere
- GERE Place near the end of Cul-De-Sac
- Midblock of Pandick Court.