SCOTCH PLAINS/FANWOOD, NJ -- Seedings for the Union County girls soccer tournament have been announced. In total, 17 teams will play in the tournament with No. 17 Plainfield going to No. 16 Linden as the play-in round game.
In the first round to be completed on or before Oct. 3:
- No. 9 Elizabeth hosts the winner of No. 16/No. 17
- No. 10 Dayton hosts No. 15 Rahway
- No. 11 Brearley hosts No. 14 ALJ
- No. 12 New Providence hosts No. 13 Kent Place
Second round action to take place on or before Oct. 5 will be:
- No. 8 Union Catholic hosts the winner of No. 9/No. 16/No. 17
- No. 7 Union hosts the winner of No. 10/No. 15
- No. 6 Summit hosts the winner of No. 11/No. 14
- No. 5 Oak Knoll hosts the winner of No. 12/No. 13
The top four seeds -- including No. 2 Scotch Plains-Fanwood -- will have byes until the quarterfinals on Oct. 12. The other teams with bye weeks are: No. 4 Gov. Livingston, No. 3 Westfield, No. 1 Cranford.
TAPintoSPF.net is Scotch Plains-Fanwood’s only free daily local news source. Sign up for our free daily eNewsletter and “Like” us on Facebook and twitter @SPF_TAP. Download the free TAPinto App for iPhone or Android.