SCOTCH PLAINS, NJ -- The Union Catholic volleyball team defeated Dayton in two sets in the opening round of the Union County Tournament on Thursday.
With its 25-15, 25-20 victory, Union Catholic, the fourth-seed and two-time defending county champions, advanced to play Summit this Tuesday at 5:15 p.m. at Union Catholic.
Several players had strong performances for the Vikings:
- Emma Pratti had 12 assists, five service winners, and two aces.
- Katelyn Salvador finished with eight digs, five assists, and three service winners.
- Brianna Lamberty had eight service points, three aces, four kills, and four digs. Josie Allen recorded seven digs, three kills, three service points, and two aces.
- Sophia Herrera and Caroline Evans each had six kills.
- Adrienne Caceda finished with eight digs, three assists, five service points, and one ace, and
- Simone Motley and Noelle Matyi each had two kills.
Union Catholic (1600 Martine Ave., Scotch Plains) prepares a diverse student body to fulfill their college and career goals by cultivating the students' achievement of academic standards of excellence within a value-centered environment, strong in its commitment to our core values (respect, responsibility, honesty, compassion, and community), and to the establishment of a community of faith and love in the Catholic tradition. For more information, call (908) 889-1600 or visit www.unioncatholic.org.